Do you know who can design, create, navigate, layout, and implement all user interfaces for a website? Do you know who is front-end developer? Do you know what a front-end developer does and what skills they need to become a perfect front-end developer? Here, you can learn about the ” skills required for a front-end developer.”
Front-end developers work on the user interface, creating and designing a website or app. The front end is the best option for learning web development. To become a perfect front-end developer, you will learn all the fundamentals and skills of front-end development.
Who is a Front-End Developer?
The main difference between front-end, back-end, and full-stack developer
A front-end developer interacts with design and UI and is responsible for the visual aspects of a website/App. In contrast, a back-end developer works on logical infrastructure and maintains the database behind the website/App. A full-stack developer is a person who works on both sides, front-end, and back-end. They can manage the entire website or app development process, including design, maintenance, testing, database management, infrastructure, etc.
Front-End Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- Create user-friendly web pages through HTML
- Focus on the structure and Design of web pages
- Work on User Experience
- Design a mobile responsive Website
- Create reusable code for future uses
- Working on web page speed and scalability
- Collect feedback from customers, clients, and colleagues
- Develop quality mockups and prototypes
- Fixes the bug and improves visibility
- Stay updated with the latest technology
What are the Skills Required for a Front-End Developer?
2. Frameworks and Libraries
A library is a collection of previous code you can use in your own code. Jquery is a popular open-source library used for many customization options.
A framework is a software that is used for developing applications. Some examples of frameworks are AngularJS, ReactJS, EmberDjango, and Flask.
3. DOM Manipulation
4. Version Control
A version control system is such type of software that tracks and manages the source code on a website/app. Version control systems can also serve as backups of the source code. For example, in the Git version control system, developers and teams can modify source code.
6. Testing and Debugging
Testing is evaluating an application or system to detect errors or defects. It is often done in the design and programming stages of development. Debugging is the process of locating and fixing errors in computer software or hardware. Hence, a front-end developer needs to be able to test and debug code. Your testing and debugging skills must be good if you are a front-end developer.
The following are some common types of testing:
- Unit testing: testing the smallest parts, such as individual functions, for correctness.
- Integration testing: involves determining how individual components interact with each other.
- System testing: Testing how different parts of an entire system work together.
- Acceptance testing: Testing by the client to determine if a product meets their needs and expectations before they accept it.
- Regression testing: Re-testing after changes to ensure that bugs are not introduced or uncovered as a result of those changes.
7. Web Performance
8. CSS Preprocessing
An updated version of CSS is called CSS Preprocessor. CSS preprocessors are
It is a language that improves style elements and makes it easier for developers to avoid repetitive jobs like writing CSS selectors and color strings.
Front-End Developer Salary
According to Glassdoor, the front-end salary is $76,181 per year. A front-end developer is the best option for you because its future scope is increasing. A StackOverflow survey found that 85% of people prefer to learn front-end development.
Here, in this article, we covered the “skills required for a front-end developer.” If you want to become a professional front-end developer, your concepts and skills should be excellent. You can take a course or an internship to improve your skills. You can learn all the front-end technologies and start practicing on a live project.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Front-End tools and software?
Some of the front-end development tools are:
Sencha Ext JS
Envato HTML Templates
Visual Studio Code
How to boost confidence in front-end development?