Java is better than other programming languages. It is the most widely growing programming language. It is used to create web applications and platforms.
In this article, I will explain how java is better than other programming languages and I have also explained the important features of Java that played an important role in making Java different and other programming languages.
Overview of Java
JAVA is a popular general-purpose programming language. It is the fastest growing and secure programming language. Recognized by Oracle, this language is used on 3 billion devices worldwide, meaning java will never end. JAVA is used to create web apps, games, mobile apps, commercial websites, etc. There is a wide range of JAVA as it can be used in the development of any type of project.
Why Java is Better than Other Programming Languages?
There are often reasons why Java is better than other programming languages. Important points of language have played an essential role in its success, including the following components:
Java is portable
The source code i.e. .java file has been compiled and converted to bytecode. Bytecode can be run on any machine that has a Java virtual machine. Java virtual machine changes the bytecode into code that is computer hardware runnable.
Most of the other programming languages such as COBOL, C++, Smalltalk or Visual Basic compile most of the code into binary files. Binary files are platform-dependent i.e. programs designed for Intel-based Windows machines cannot be run on Linux-based machines or Macs.
Java code is Robust
A program written in Java is called robust because it contains no reference to external data i.e. it does not has any explicit pointers. While other programming languages such as C++ and some others have pointers.
Java’s attribute ensures that no instructions store addresses any data stored in any other data storage or operating system otherwise the program or operating system would break or terminate abruptly. The integrity of every object is ensured by the Java virtual machine.
Java is object-oriented
Creating an object of the class is creating an example of a class. Java is object-oriented i.e. it creates examples of each class that are copies of the class. The advantage of creating objects is several examples of the same code and changes are made to that object without modifying the main code.
Java is easy to learn
Java is easy to learn because it eliminates useless and complex features such as operator overloading, explicit pointers, etc. In addition, Java has a syntax similar to C++ and it’s relatively easy, especially for people with a background in C. It was created to produce a language that’s easy to learn, use, compile and debug, and therefore Java is much simpler than other programming languages.
Java is secure
It provides high security due to its excellent exception handling mechanism. Java’s exception handling mechanism is best. Most errors are caught in Java. Errors like division by zero cannot be handled by any programming languages such as C/C++. The high security of Java makes it better and therefore different from other programming languages.
Reasons why Java is better than other Programming languages?
There are a lot of programming languages that are becoming popular these days. Let’s take a look at them and learn how they differ from JAVA and what are the additional features they offer.
JAVA vs C
- Java is object-oriented while C is procedural.
- C uses the top-down method while JAVA uses the base up approach.
- Java supports overloading while C does not support overloading by any method.
- Not exactly like C, JAVA does not support preprocessors, macros, etc.
- Various new components, uncommon cases dealing with, modified memory-organization, nearby strings, etc.
JAVA vs C++
- Java was originally derived from C++.
- C++ is both procedural as well as object-oriented programming language while Java is a pure object-oriented language.
- Both languages have different objectives, which means that there are many differences.
- Java does not support the operator for overloading but C++ supports it.
- C++ also enhances the C programming language whereas while Java is basically designed to support network computing.
- Java does not support structures and unions where C++ supports it.
- Java is much slower than C++ in terms of execution.
- C++ libraries are simple and they are also robust. It also provides containers and associative arrays. But Java has a powerful cross-platform library.
- In Java, there is automatic garbage collection while C++ does not have the same. Java supports automatic garbage collection whereas C++ does not support automatic garbage.
JAVA vs .NET
- The distinction between .Net and Java is completely platform free which means working in any type of operating system. In any case, the .net phase is subordinate programming. .Net help create apps in different languages and make the app fast. This element does not exist in Java.
- Java with multi-platform support, object-oriented methodology, and other great abilities and features.
- On the other hand, general-purpose applications are still developed using C++ because it doesn’t require any intermediate software to run and I think the latest release of the implementation of the virtual machine has improved every day in Java.
JAVA vs PYTHON
- Python is a high-level language. It fully supports object-oriented programming. Python is not a pure object-oriented language.
- Python is an interpreted language while Java is not an interpreted language, it is a compiled language.
- Many large organizations like Google, Yahoo, NASA, etc. are using Python. But Python programs are usually expected to run slower than Java programs.
- Java has better library support for some cases of use cases than Python that is java’s biggest advantage.
JAVA vs RUBY
- Ruby and Java have a lot of things that are common, starting with the fact that both are object-oriented languages and are strongly typed.
- Java is statically typed while Ruby is dynamically typed.
- There is a different method of both languages to execute the code. Java first converts code into a machine language so that it can be understood by it and because of this Java code runs faster than Ruby’s code.
- Both Java and Ruby provide inheritance and have both public, private and protected methods.
JAVA vs PHP
- PHP is a server-side scripting language while Java is a common purpose language. These two languages are exceptional and usually far-reaching at a very basic level.
- A big difference between the two is that in PHP, JVM is restarted after every request; This may result in additional performance problems. A programmer should select PHP if he/she doesn’t have a lot of time to complete the project but should go for Java if the project highlights features like scalability, performance, and security.
- Finally, a major reason to take Java is the ultimate ecosystem and a rich set of libraries and responsive modules.
After comparing Java with six languages, do we now have a clear answer to why Java is better than other Programming languages?
If you are looking for the java programming assignment help, or java assignment help our experts are available to provide you the best java project help and java homework help which will increase your academic records.