Developing with Django is favored because of its “rapid development”, “Open source”, and “Great community”, while React is preferred due to its components, virtual doms, and performance.
Before we get into the details of Django vs React, let’s first review the fundamentals of both.
What is Django?
Django is a high-level Python web framework that allows developers to use modules for faster development. With Django’s modules, developers can create apps and websites directly from existing sources, streamlining the development process significantly since they don’t have to start from scratch.
Many features are not able to Django, including uploading files, support for authentication, comment boxes, contact forms, app management, etc.
How to use Django for backend development
Developers can focus on writing their application without reinventing the wheel with Django since it encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
When developing backend web applications with Django, you take advantage of its Representational State Transfer (REST) framework, which allows you to build custom APIs. REST APIs offer a great deal of flexibility, one of their main advantages. Therefore, the Django REST framework is essentially a platform for creating web APIs that is versatile, scalable, and powerful.
The framework is also highly scalable, so developers can build small projects before proceeding to more complex applications with much user traffic and data.
Industry leaders generally use the technology to build various platforms. It includes social networks, content management systems, and data processing platforms. Netflix, Spotify, Instagram, YouTube, Dropbox, and Pinterest are a few of the busiest sites that use Django’s ability to scale quickly and flexibly to meet heavy traffic demands.
What Is React?
ReactJS, created by the unicorn social media platform Facebook, allows software developers to break down UI components into individual components, optimizing modularity and separation of concerns. In fact, ReactJS is used by some of the biggest names in the industry, like Yahoo, Instagram, Netflix, PayPal, and many more.
React can handle views through the input framework, which is why it is considered by some as a framework, while others call it a library. The argument generally focuses on the technical difference between a library and a framework.
The developer uses a library when he wants to control the flow of the application, whereas a framework is used when he wants the ‘framework’ to take care of the flow for them. In Angular, the Model and View are controlled by it, while ReactJS controls only the View, which is why it is considered a framework.
ReactJS is technically a framework since it forces developers to build UIs through ‘creating React‘ rather than Angular, Vue, or Ember. But when ReactJS was first released, it was marketed as an alternative to “Large MVC Architecture Frameworks.”
How to use ReactJS for frontend development
Django Vs React: Benefits
Benefits of Django
- The Django framework includes various libraries, packages, add-ons, and add-on modules. The main benefit of Django is that it offers everything needed to build the backend of a web application. It can take care of most tasks related to web development, such as site maps, RSS feeds, content administration, user authentication, etc.
- The Django web framework works with most major databases, and it allows the use of a more suitable database in a particular project or even multiple databases simultaneously.
- With a manageable learning curve, excellent documentation, and a relatively simple setup and configuration process, Django is easy to use.
- With Django, you can protect your app or website from most attacks, including SQL Injection, XSS, CSRF, Clickjacking, etc.
- With Django REST Framework, it is relatively easy to set up Django APIs.
- Developers typically do not want to build everything in React from scratch, so Django admin offers easy off-the-shelf views.
- The Django community also offers thousands of tutorials and support resources.
- Django is highly scalable and proven to handle projects of any size and scope, from simple to extensive web applications.
- Using Django means that you can build a project that runs on Mac, Linux, or PC.
Benefits of React
- With React, you have access to multiple component libraries, add-on packages, and complete template offerings, saving developers a lot of time.
- Debugging and inspecting the state is easy with React’s developer tools.
- With Redux, React’s state management is safe and easy.
- A dynamic web application can be easily created with React, especially if your HTML is clumsy and requires complex coding. ReactJS solves this issue with the JSX, which renders specific subcomponents based on HTML tags and quotes.
- Developers can reuse component code developed for alternative applications with similar functionality when using ReactJS. Developers can thus complete projects much faster because there is a significant time-saving.
- With a shorter learning curve, developers can use ReactJS’s features to build web and mobile-based applications.
- App developers can use React to build isomorphic apps, where client-side and server-side components can be written in the same style.
The advantages of using React with Django
- It provides an easy way to manage code for both the backend and the frontend.
- Django can be integrated very quickly with React using static files.
- The frontend and backend are separately written in Django, making testing, finding and removing bugs easier.
- This development style is less compact, thanks to the use of states of variables in ReactJS.
- Due to the separation between the frontend and backend, the loading time will be significantly reduced.
- React, and Django can be combined for high-level customization.
- It is also possible for developers to later add VueJS or AngularJS to a few blocks without changing any pre-built structures.
Disadvantages of Using React with Django
- Setting up Django on local machines is time-consuming for some developers because of its many version issues.
Django vs React: What are their alternatives?
A key feature of Flask is that it can get started quickly and was designed with the best intentions.
Due to its event-driven, non-blocking I/O model, Node.js is lightweight and efficient, ideal for real-time, data-intensive applications.
Using Rails as a framework, you can create MVC-based web applications database-backed.
Its expressive, elegant syntax provides a framework for building web applications. The aim is to make web development more accessible by simplifying everyday tasks such as authentication, routing, session management, and caching used in most web projects.
Whether it’s for your blog or the most popular website on the planet, PHP makes it happen fast, flexible, and pragmatically.
Generally speaking, Django is arguably the most comprehensive web development framework available. Django is fast, safe, and scalable. Python enables developers to create apps in no time.
The Django backend is an API built using the Django REST framework (DRF), which requires requests to the React frontend (the client-side framework) to get and set data. We also established that React serves as the frontend (client-side framework), managing the UI and making data requests to the Django backend.
Also, if you need Programming Assignment Help, we have a team of experts that can help.
What is the future of Django?
Modern web applications are best developed with the Django framework. In terms of the future of web apps, Django has a lot to offer and can serve any structure for modern web apps. If you want to build a successful career, learn the in-demand framework.
Should I learn React or Django?